Friday, February 18, 2011

On to France

So we just got all the instructions about applying for our French visas - yikes! What a lot of work we have ahead of us! AND we just found out that the nearest French consulate is in San Francisco where we must apply in person. We're deciding not to think about the extra expense/inconvenience and instead see it as a mandatory little family vacation. :-)

The girls are crawling all over the house and even starting to free-stand. I can see that they are thinking about walking, which I have very mixed feelings about. It's all so exciting but, gosh, my little babies are growing up!! I know every mom says this and it can be annoyingly repetitive, but that's because watching them grow and say goodbye to the months and accomplishments behind them, IS such a bittersweet feeling. And no matter how many times a mom feels it, each new time you just want to capture every second of NOW and bury it deep in your heart where you'll never forget! I explained to someone recently that being a parent is feeling like your heart is going to burst into a million joyful pieces about 40 times a day. Around our house we call it "conniption alert". It really feels like our heart gets put under physical stress when we are overcome with love for them.

Speaking of the little darlings, they're sleeping in the car so I need to check on them (don't worry they're in the closed garage - very safe).

No comments: